Thursday, February 7, 2008

Some portions of my heart...


Tree Planting/ Mountain Hiking in Montalban


Sometimes, i envy Sisyphus. At least,the rock rolls down and your hero is left exhausted and doomed to take up the whole divine punishment again from ground zero. But in my case, my "rock" will rock your wits to no end...this "rock" chats while waiting for the liturgy to start, screams during siesta, dreams of sleeping forever, plays until 5:45 on Thursdays, drops by the TV room at 5:50, then takes a bath at 5:58 and wonders why he is scolded for coming at 6:15 (eh naligo naman siya!)... so on and so forth. By the way, this "rock" is aka seminarista. Si Sisyphus dinadaanan ng bato, ako dinadaganan ng bato!Sisyphus' rock rolls down to ground zero, ako i'm grounded until i turned zero. Although they could not qualify for Mr. Devil or Satan of the Year, neither are they angels! But let me say, angels in the making. I always remind myself that they are the ones called. Of course, not all will be chosen, but definitely, they were all led to this place. What am i to do but to help them listen to the ongoing call. They are still prone to hear many voices before they can hear the VOICE. Bisan makapungot na kaayo, and sometimes I do lose my top and erupt from time to time, I always feel secure in the idea that I am just a shepherd, taking care of the Master's sheep. It has evolved into a privilege to be of service to these selected guys. Who will make it to the end? only the Master knows. One thing for sure, they are works-in-progress. One day i went to a mall - i moved around - passing by the stalls and boutiques- in fact, it was more of an aimless walking. I allowed myself to get drowned by the mall's atmosphere of unbridled noise and exaggerated spaces and piped-in music. That was my idea of spending my free day - but some minutes after i just felt out-of-place. The noise didn't have that crispy sounds of pool chips hitting each other and disturbing my sleep during siesta. The music could not come close to the squeaky "What if God was one of us?" emanating from the squeaky vocal cords habitating in the nearby dorm, accompanied by a 5-string guitar. The boutiques paled in comparison to the sci-fi inspired dorms which sometimes give me the creeps! The young creatures walking aimlessly too in the mall were not as interesting as the 70+ human and sometimes seemingly-human substances moving around in their black and white colors, camouflaging as sacred organisms, running up and down the staircases of grand old Buttenburk!...then I realized and took 50 deep breaths before I can truly accept that I miss them. I looked at my cellphone, and the clock image displayed 2:07 pm...okay, there's still time...rosary starts at 3pm. On the way, i listened to some sounds in my head and tried to figure out what setting shall I use for the vespers...then I laughed, well anyway, all those notes will settle down to recto tono. I am afraid that this sound will remain in my heart for a long, long time.

1 comment:

A-Train said...

Albert Camus sure knows how to connect with people doesn't he?